Monday, July 25, 2016

The Baker's Calling

They say that adoption is a calling from God, not a right or a mere coincidence, but a calling from God! Our adoption calling came at a young age for both of us.

Nathan was adopted as an infant by his loving parents, Nancy and Greg. He has had the desire to adopt in him since a very young age. I (Caitie) have also known from a very young age that I wanted to adopt. After being diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer at the age of ten I knew I wouldn't be able to have children, but God has taken that burden of infertility from me and replaced it with a desire to adopt!

Nathan and I knew before we married that this would be the way we would be able to grow our family. Not to say that it is hard knowing that we will never have biological children or ever be able to experience the whole pregnancy journey, but I know that the love we will have for our future children will FAR exceed the "hard" parts of this journey.

We have a very long road ahead of us, but are so grateful for the love, support and prayers we are abundantly surrounded with! We continue to ask for prayers and support as we continue down this exciting path in our lives! Please pray for the beautiful child God has chosen for us and for the strong and selfless birth mother that will make our dreams a reality. What an honor it is that God has called us into this journey!

I wanted to close with this beautiful message that my sister gave us to put in our nursery!

Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone
Yet still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute
You weren't born under my 
Heart,
But in it.  

God Bless,
Nathan and Caitie

No comments:

Post a Comment